Memories

Hello there,


So I've been chugging right along. Shooting, editing, uploading. Shooting, editing, uploading... And instead of the seemingly predictable, and repetitious behavior growing old, it is getting quite the opposite. Everyday is exciting and open to new possibilities. Because I'm getting more and more comfortable. Everyday it's getting easier to say my "shpeel" to new mothers, I'm becoming less afraid that I'll stumble over my words and less shy. I'm finally in a situation that pushes me everyday to...grow out of my shell. And I love it! It's really quite a fabulous thing.  

I just wanted to recap a little on one of my most recent shoots. This mother was such a sweet lady, she and I talked pretty much the whole session away. She had delivered in the same room that I did almost two years ago. Whoa. Time goes by so fast once you become a parent. I mean yeah, high school feels like eternity when you're there and only like 2 years when you get out. And then you have a baby and parenthood feels like time has kicked itself up to warp speed. And even your day to day life is speeding past you so fast there's a blur behind it... Anyway, being in there with her and photographing her holding this brand new little boy was just the most surreal thing. It brought back so many memories for me and I just felt so overwhelmingly happy for her; because I know how much joy she's going to get out of being a first time mom.

Being the oldest of five in my family, I feel like I had a predisposition to not want my own children. Because in my head at 13-18 years old was "Why would I want to make my own brats?" "I'm so sick of having to be an on call babysitter - I just want to be far, far away from people who can't help themselves and need to rely on me." Haha. And then I was. I moved out and started to put my own little life together with work and college and bills and things; and I had a great 4 years to just be away and not needed.

And then I had my own baby. And becoming a parent to your own kid is nothing like babysitting "brats" haha it's pure happiness and pure heartache. There is no in between. I'm so fascinated with everything Cohen does daily; the things he knows and can put together all on his own blows me away. I look at him and just feel like I could explode into a puddle of love sometimes; he's so smart and helpful -  and adorably cheeky. And then when he's sick or gets hurt it's like someone has stabbed me in the heart via his pain. Because you just love them so much you never want to see them not happy and healthy.  Looking back I can't believe how fulfilled I thought I was before Cohen. I actually thought that was the highlight of my life. Young twenties, living on my own with just my cat. Working at a stupid dead end job... That was great for the time, not saying it wasn't. But I would much rather be a mom if I had to choose between then and now.

This is one of my favorite shots from that day. I just love it so much and I can't really put a finger on why. I'm sure it has to do with it being the same room, and looking through the door almost kind of symbolizes looking back at a memory. Basically this picture is this post. Haha. Anyway I couldn't be happier for them! Parenthood is amazing, no matter when you start - it changes you for the better.


All rights reserved © 2016 Taylor Moulton

Interested to see more of my work? Check this out. 

AVAILABLE ONLY AT CITRUS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL 



 

Comments

Popular Posts