#HappyLateMother'sDayPost!

Hello there,



So I first had the pleasure of meeting Mrs. Katie Blake at Citrus Memorial when her son Wyatt was born. I got to meet him as a fresh 48 hour babe and then got to take his Christmas pictures that year. And then again for his first birthday. I also had the privilege of shooting a vow renewal for her grandparents which was awesome and so so special. So needless to say whenever she contacts me I know something photographically magical is about to happen. Haha

But for this occasion she asked me to capture a sibling photo as a Mother's Day gift for her mom. She very specifically wanted her older brother who had passed away's picture to be included in the group shot.

Now I do a bunch of meaningful shoots all the time. In fact I can't think of a single one that's NOT meaningful - but this one really made my heart smile and made me feel flat out honored that I was even asked to do it. I could almost picture her moms face opening that gift while photographing these portraits.

As a mom I can't even imagine losing my child. In fact it hurts just even considering the possibility... My heart aches for her in that aspect but also to have the idea to give this as a gift really makes me happy too. It's so sweet. *Happy tears* and I hope she shed many of those when she unboxed this.

I tried to in every pose make J.P's picture become a piece of the image as if he was standing or sitting with them. Not just an object that was being held. And in the end Katie chose my favorite one, "goldy" as the winner to give to her momma; and I don't believe it could have turned out anymore perfect. :)

Happy Mother's Day I hope you both and enjoyed it to the fullest <3

Check out the extended version and more work like it here
And get in contact with me here to schedule a session of your very own!


Xo
Taylor


THE CHOSEN ONE :)







Comments

  1. I just have to say thank you from the bottom of my heart! Your beautiful pictures allowed my babies to give me my first ever picture with all of my children in it. My oldest passed try years before my youngest was born so they never even got the chance to meet. It was a gift like no other and you captured such amazing photos that I will treasure for the rest of my life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aweee I just saw this, you are so very, very welcome. I'm so glad I could have had a hand in doing this for you :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts