New places, new faces and sometimes old ones...

Hello there,



I love shooting at places I've never been before. But darn it if I don't get ridiculously, panicky on the ride over. Lolol

I mean it's got to be a completely normal feeling as a photographer; You don't know what anything really looks like so you can't plan your spots out or even know how the light is going to look and where.

Gosh, I just get so in my head leading up to these situations that literally the only thing that calms me down is praying. Praying loudly, and basically begging for some kind of magical flow to just appear on the scene in my session. And wouldn't you know it always does. :D

I find that when I have no idea where I'm going or what to expect, I get THE most bomb photographs. I shoot way more than normal - I cover all my bases and then go over them again just to make sure I've got more than enough. And God always, ALWAYS works it out. It's crazy.

On this day, with this very special lady we ventured to a fenced in field. One I've passed by many thousands of times but never stopped to photograph; never thought about how perfect it would look at sunset. Or with the most perfect vintagey person.

And I got to try it out with an old beloved face. :)

This month two years ago, I met little Alydia in the hospital and she was the cutest little thing! Her momma had her decked out with her "Answered Prayer" onesie outfit on and I just knew she was going to be a baby I would see again. And since then, I've gotten to see and photograph her 4 times into the now two year old sassa-frass she has grown to be. :P It's always an honor to see them grow into little people. Actually, it's the most near and dear thing to my heart because they become kind of like my vicarious nieces and nephews haha.

But Oh my goodness, she killed it. I literally grabbed a blanket, a couple scrabble pieces and my camera and headed out. The outfit, the balloon, the light, the scenery and her little personality stole the show. And I am thrilled with how they came out. It's really a wonderful thing to walk into a situation nervous, anxious, unsettled, doubtful - whatever. Give it to God and he turns it into exactly what you needed. <3


You can look at more work and or book a session like this on my website here
Or shoot me a message here


Xo
Taylor

Check out these highlights :D





















Comments

Popular Posts