Logan || First birthday session + party

Hello there,



So I had yet again the overwhelming pleasure and honor of doing a one year old session for a little baby boy I met at CMH (almost) a year ago; And everything that could have gone right with this shoot, did!



We had two cute themes in mind before hand, one vintage and one mickey mouse. The weather ended up being perfectly fine aside from Florida's usual mugginess; But most importantly, I had this adorable, charismatic, smart little Logan to photograph. Who smiled and giggled for days at his daddy and mommy's silly faces and belly tickles.




I've not yet met an 11 month old that knew and or attempted to say as many words and gestures as he did. I was completely blown away by how advanced in that department he is. I realize every kid is different and they all do things at their own pace and in their own timing. My son was walking before he was even 10 months old but he really wasn't saying any words except "itty" = (Kitty) or any other animal he saw and "raaw" = (Rock). Not even Mama until shortly after his first birthday...





The vintage set up has to be one of my favorites to date. I've had those suitcases since college and I just thought they were super cool back then. Got them from my local thrift store when I lived in Daytona Beach "just because" and now that I'm a work from home photographer they are really coming in handy as background prop details and even as a seat in some cases.


In addition, I know a nonbeliever would call what I'm about to say a "lucky coincidence", but out of 26 letters in the alphabet - my best friend had 7 vintage block letters she said I could have to add to this shoot I was planning; and 5 of them spelt LOGAN. HOW is that possible? GOD. Because he makes ALL things possible. I don't believe in lucky or coincidence anymore. I believe God blesses me with intent. It wasn't an accident my best friend so happened to have them on hand when I needed them and it sure wasn't a fluke that they spelt this little boy's name.


I just got a serious kick out of that. And I definitely felt it was worth sharing.







I adored the mickey mouse set up, even though it was just a really easy cut out I made myself paired with some red, yellow and black balloons. The real spectacular part of those were of course Logan up to his eye balls in red frosting. :D Sad to report he wasn't thrilled over eating the cake as much as playing with it. LOL but I find that part to be really 50/50 with kids. They love it or they leave it alone to smother it. Literally the only other thing he was not about was touching the grass. LOL he would hold himself in a jack knife position to avoid it at all costs. :D :D but truth be told things like that are what give solo sessions such personality and uniqueness. I wouldn't have it any other way.




I had such a great time with sweet Logan and his parents, the shoot went long; as mine always seem to; But only because things just kept getting better and better <3 ... Looking forward to seeing him splash around at puddle in the pines for his party and I'll be doing an update on here afterwards too. :)




Check out the extended gallery on my website here
And contact me for any and all things you want me to photograph for you! here



Xo
Taylor




Comments

Popular Posts