May is for Mommy and Me's

Hello there,



So the month of May was beautiful! I did my first ever "Mini sessions on location" in a location that was not mine. And I actually filled every weekend! Hallelujah! After Julie Laflamme told me about this open field of Phlox she wanted to make use of; I took it to the next level and decided to do all my mommy and me's there. These flowers really went above and beyond and gave me some of the most gorgeous mother and baby portraits I've ever taken.

Now while these shoots were all photographed in the same exact field. I feel like each brought something very different and magical to the table. I kept pretty much every session the same. I brought a blanket for the sitting shots and a book for Mom to read to baby or (babies). Everyone got a different book and every shoot except one was done in the evening.

The weather held out every time! Even with all this crazy tropical storm non sense this month. Hallelujah!

Some kids were more curious to dig in the dirt or walk around and pick flowers than others, but that's also what made every session a little unique from the one before. Every babe gave me exactly what I needed in every shoot and I couldn't be happier with the results! And I hope my mom's agree ;)

A las this field is about to turn into houses and property and will no longer be there to bloom next year. :( The last session I did I could see the blue water pipes being laid out in front of it. So very, very soon it will all be a big construction mess. However, I sure am glad I got to use it to it's fullest potential this year.

And a BIG thank you to all my moms who drove to an unknown, unmarked, roadside field and trusted my vision for these photographs. Couldn't have done it without you. <3


Here is my favorite from each one, if you'd like to see more work I've done click here
And to schedule a session for yourself contact me through here


Xo
Taylor










Comments

Popular Posts