Prom Pictures

Hello there,



So not too terribly long ago I was contacted by this lovely woman to shoot some before prom pictures  of her son and his friends. I loved being around these cool young adults and getting to do this for them. It was loads of fun! And brought back so many high school memories. Mrs. Adams had the most awesome ideas in mind she just needed me to capture them.

I mean honestly, Can you think of a better moment in high school than going to prom? The dresses, the excitement, the pleasant awkwardness between being kind of an adult but still really self conscious in your own skin. All communication is basically texting and snap chatting and actually sitting next to each other as dates becomes quite intimidating in front of someone taking your picture.  I was smiling a big "Awwhh" smile on the inside the whole time.

My own personal prom didn't go the conventional way like theirs did. I went with two of my best girlfriends and their dates. I never got the grand ole' corsage around my wrist nor did I do any slow dancing. But I did still have a fabulous time :) and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Taking pictures and basking in everyone else's high school drama actually made my prom pretty entertaining.

Here are some highlights from the evening, I don't know what could of or did transpire after they all boarded their party bus. But I hope they can all recall this night as being one of the greatest of their whole adolescent lives.

To see similar work by me follow this link to my website
And to schedule a session of your own contact me here

Xo
Taylor













Comments

Popular Posts